Zumba exercise has claimed that you can burn from 500 to 1000 calories in just one-hour session. Is this true? In order to determine that let us look at what goes on in a typical Zumba class.
First off, it uses a training protocol called “High-Intensity Interval Training” which is claimed to be nine times more effective than regular “steady rate cardio”, as in walking on a treadmill or elliptical.
The bottom line is that interval training does decrease body fat by a greater rate (three times greater) than typical aerobic cardio classes or cardiovascular workouts. Nevertheless, eating the right foods and having a proper diet has a greater importance than working out does.
With that in mind, here are 10 tips that you can use to keep weight down and reshape your entire body with Zumba exercise
- Consume six small meals- Eating every few hour’s pumps your metabolism for faster fat loss
- Merge lean protein plus complex carbs ONLY.
- Drink 2 to 3 liters of water every day (depending on your caloric output).
- Don’t leave out any meals.
- Bundle your food for the day every morning or the night before, if you plan it out, you will stick to healthier eating.
- Natural foods are best, fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains; lean cuts of meat… avoid processed and refined foods, white flour and sugar.
- Replace unhealthy Trans fats with healthy fats, olive, canola, flax oil and nut butters.
- Steer clear of alcohol on a regular basis.
- Practice portion control.
- Nibble healthy- Almonds, some fruit are a grand choice
These are the top 10 tips to get the maximum benefit from your Zumba exercise program. In order to get the maximum results you should try to attempt a dance work out class at least 3 to 4 times a week. This will virtually guarantee that you will be losing weight, reshaping your entire body and raising your calorie-burning thermometer (metabolism) so that you will continue to burn calories throughout the day.
This type of aerobic and dance training offers many different benefits to you besides weight loss some of these are:
- More endurance and energy
- A greater feeling of accomplishment and or “a natural high” that can only come from exercise.
A fun and party like atmosphere will make you feel better about yourself and taking a Zumba exercise class gives you that break at all those desperately need from our routines. In no time, at all you will see major changes in your body.